Ok, so now you have your hair. If you don’t then go read this… Sources for synthetic hair.
Find somewhere comfortable to sit and a good light, because this is going to take a while. It’s not hard to do, but it’s time-consuming.
First thing I do is get rid of all the old hair. I take a pair of scissors and cut it as close as possible to her scalp. Then with a pair of tweezers, I reach inside her head and pull what’s left out until she is completely hairless.
There are a couple different methods to reroot. My advice is to pick one that you think sounds good to you and try it. Here are some links to tutorials on each method that I know about…
- My quick photo tutorial on how I do reroot using a knot type method
- Mod Era Barbie – various methods but also has an awesome animated tutorial done by Connie Matsumoto
- RestoreDoll – the knot method (good place to buy the hair from as well)
- WideEyedGirls – another tutorial with pictures on the knot method
- Natalie Merritt’s Tutorial – this one is for what’s called the tension method.
- Brutal Sun’s Reroot Tutorial – this is a is a weave type method.
- My Little Customs Video Tutorials – these are great… better than great.